Volunteers are a welcome and essential component to the success of our restoration and management program. Volunteers are needed at the Hempstead Plains during our weekend volunteer community workdays to help with:
• Cutting woody shrubs
• Removing invasive plants
• Collecting seeds
• Mowing selected areas
• Spreading seeds
• Planting seedlings
• Leading tours
• Presenting educational programs
Volunteers are also needed to help at specific events, including the following:
• Special research projects to remove invasive plants.
- Help with Girl and Boy Scout programs
• We welcome groups who wish to participate in a meaningful community service project.
- We welcome Scouts: Boy Scouts Eagle Scout Projects, and Girl Scouts Gold Award projects.
To become a volunteer, please call 516-572-7575 x26531
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
UPCOMING EVENTS: SPRING 2017
FRIDAY AFTERNOON WALKS AT THE HEMPSTEAD PLAINS
April 7 and 21, May 5 and 19, June 2 and 16, July 7. Bring your camera, binoculars and sneakers.
WEEKEND VOLUNTEER COMMUNITY WORKDAYS
Saturdays from 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM
April 8 and 22, May 6 and 20, June 3 and 17, July 8. Bring gloves, rakes and clippers. Call to schedule additional workdays.